Sunday, July 1, 2007

Spare Tyre

Zingy now has a more active social life than I do. I have to keep up.

My idea of a good weekend is about spending time together, doing things together, bonding...

NOT

-taking a 7 hour nap and then realize the weekend is too short to even do the laundry.
-then after the 7 hour nap, takes lunch at 2am in the morning and finally sleeps at 8am in the morning.
-then realize that one has screwed the working Monday and that one is perpetually tired.
-forgetting that one has a wife who needs some TLC eventhough she is 90% of the time independant.
-being on the net every waking moment.


I am frustrated.

Can't he ...like organise his cupboard or pick up after himself.

I have realised that many times when he speaks to me, the sentences are half way, referring to wrong words etc. Y'know like when someone is watching TV and speaking to you on the phone. Sounding distant and scattered, thinking about other things and not really concentrating on the conversation.

I know he has a good heart and all. He has the best of intentions, and he is really intelligent and his brain works faster than lightning....

Sometimes these small things really get to me. I have to be more positive I guess. Close 2 eyes and get on with everything else.

So now, I am alone, with my new laptop (thank God :) ) and thinking what to eat for dinner. Zingy ffk me ... so what to do? I feel worse because I hate Sunday evenings/nights. I am all alone facing the impending arrival of Monday. Perhaps I need to go out, travel outstation more often. Perhaps he will eventually realise that I've been gone for a month and try to spend time together?? I feel overlooked. Shelved. Taken for granted. Not appreciated.

(Is this how God feels when we have no time for HIM?)

No comments: