Saturday, July 7, 2007

I don't get it.

I strongly believe that birthdays are for the mothers and not the child. I mean, all the kid did was to pop out in all oblivion. Mum on the other hand had to carry baby for 9 months, puking for 3 months (or possibly all 9 months), battling stretch marks, feeling like crap and then going through labour for forever and then more toiling and gnashing of teeth bringing up baby.

So, in conjunction with my birthday today, my Mum should be cutting the cake. My mum should be getting the birthday dinner and my mum should be getting the presents.. :)

Blessed Birthday Mi!

*****************************************************

My first day at 31.

You know you are 31 when :

- No matter how interesting the evening is, you feel really sleepy at 9.30pm.
- Your birthday dinner is a dinner thing that starts at 7.30pm and ends at 9.30pm.
- Your birthday song is sung softer.
- Your 'cake' is made out of little cherry tomatoes with bunny ears and not a sweet sinful cream smothered cake that will go straight to the hips.(yes my good friend actually did some vege art and turned cherry tomatoes into cute little bunnies.... it was so cool).
- You start to be on screen saver mode by 10.00pm and go on auto hibernate at 10.17pm.

Anyhow, this was one of my best birthdays. I spent it with my family and old friends (whom I met by chance!). It was just great. Even sleep deprived, today has been just so worth it. I live for days like these.

zzzz with a :)

No comments: