Friday, November 2, 2007

Me Time

Wow the year has flown by without any warning. Today I have some 'Me' time on my hands.

I woke up at 5.30 am and went for a long long walk with some church mates. Of course the driving factor was that 2 of my teenage kids wanted to go ... so I had to go lar. Anyway, the walk did good. I went grocery shopping, cleared the house and now thinking of going to a flea market.

Today, I wanna just chill, thank God for things that I take for granted, thank God for family and friends, thank God for a job, thank God that He has taken me this far in my journey. ..

I had one person who asked me 'Why was I born into a nation of turmoil, into a family which is too poor to help themselves, into so much strife...'

I did not have any answers.

There is so much that we can give. There is so much we can do. Isn't it great that we are capable of impacting a life or a situation. Its just amazing that we were made for such a time as this. Hmm.. ok I will stop preaching.

Ever read Mr. Pink Whistle - by Enid Blyton? This may sound crazy but the Mr. Pink Whistle series made a lot of impact in my life. Mr. Pink Whistle was the one who went around helping people to make things right. He was positive, always wanting to overcome than to dwell on the problem, and most of all, bringing joy and spreading some love around. Wished I had some magical powers to make the world a better place - faster.

Marilynn is in fluffy bunny mode today. :)

3 comments:

Anne V said...

you have 2 kids in their teens? I thought you have no kids yet being young and newlywed ;-P

Marilynn said...

ooo... kids not begotten by me :)

Anne V said...

heheh...