Friday, January 14, 2011

Sporadic Emergence

Being the Lockness monster that I am, this blog has just been sitting in the back of my mind.

This 2 years have been me living life and having adventures which I never thought was possible for me. God has a funny way of taking you through the unbeaten path if you ask for it. It has been a wonderful ride, with the good and the bad.

As I take stock of my life, I will not exchange it for anything in the world. I am not rich, I am not powerful, I am not drop dead gorgeous, I am not a genious, I am not famous, I am not a rock star (yet), my teeth aren't white enough, my hair is thinning, my eyebags are have their own postal address, my neck feels like a old railway track... (ok I shall stop here lest I get depressed)

BUT I am contented, I am happy, I have my family, I have good friends, I know why I am here now, I love what I do, I have food, I can come home and hug my dog, I am at peace with myself, I can always do more, I know that God is with me.

Having a fulfilled life is appreciating the untangible, taking the chances and laughing till you vomit.

Amen.

No comments: